Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 1 April 9, 2011

My name is Michele Jones and this is my weight loss journey! A few weeks ago a few girls at work and I decided that we were going to "diet" together.  For the first time in a long time I feel like I can REALLY do this!!  It is time to take my life back!  I'm almost 40 years old and I am soo tired of being fat. 

Everyday I look at myself in the mirror and I cringe at what I've allowed myself to become!  I'm tired of being out of breath when I walk up a flight of stairs, I'm tired of being embarrased because I can't play on the playground with my 2 year old step son.  I'm tired of having to shop in the "Plus Section".  I want to be able to go hiking & swimming.  I want to be able to play football on Thanksgiving, play baseball in the summer,  ride in an airplane without the seatbelt extender! I want to rollerskate, go rafting, take a Moonlight Canoe Trip!!  All of these things I cannot do because of my size!!  It's time for change!!!!!

So today is the first day!  For the next two days I am to "Fat Load".  "Fat Loading", isn't this something I do on a daily basis?  Isn't this the reason why I have gotten as large as I have.  Well it sounds like fun.  Let the "Fat Loading Begin"!!!

How freeing it is to eat as much as I want without guilt!  I must say when you put pen to paper, it looks like I ate enough for an army.  I ate breakfast. scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, and fried potatoes.  (I love fried potatoes!!!!)  Then we went to the Pear Blossom Parade, and I ate an italian Sausge dog with onions and bell peppers) For dinner I had 3 chicken strips and fried mushrooms!  Yeah, that is ALOT of FAT, and lets not forget the snacks!!!  I snacked on a Teriyaki stick, chips and french onion dip, I had a KitKat Bar, a Twinkie and a Pepsi!  Holy snot rockets, that is alot of food!!!!  Oh yes, lets not forget my Mike's Hard Lemonade!!! Ok now that it is all written down, I am sickend by what I find is yummy to eat!!! 

I'm commited to this for 30 days.  Then hopefully for another 30 days and so on until I meet my goal!!  My goal is to loose 150 pounds!  If it comes off fast that would be totally amazing, if it comes off slow, so be it!  I know I'm in for a hard battle.  It took about 15 years to get this way, I know it will take time to fix it! This time I have an amazing support system!  Brent is completely on board with me, and he is going to make healthy choices too.  He is going to lower his calorie intake, drink less alcohol, and quit smoking!  He is an amazing man!  The girls at work are going through this with me too, I couldn't imagine doing this on my own, we will celebrate our victories together, and we will hold each other up in times of struggle!  It's going to be a long jouney but well worth it in the end!  Tomorrow is day 2 of the journey!  Another day of "Fat Loading"  Tomorrow night I measure and weigh myself.  Not looking forward to that at all, but everything will work out and be fine!  I'm looking forward to my journey and for my life change!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Michele! I am so excited for you! We are on this journey together and I can't wait to see our results! It will be awsome to have such a great support system! :)

    ReplyDelete